Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rat Dinner

I attempted a staged shot with the rats this morning. It didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to for a couple of reasons. The light in my apartment is not the best so I need to slow my shutter speed. Once the shutter speed is low the camera has to stay still, no problem, however the subject has to stay still and if you've ever owned a rat you'll know they never stay still. Even when they're sleeping they're climbing the cage or running in the little wheel that we don't have but would possibly one day like to. Ok I'm lying about what they do in thier sleep but they really are figity when they're awake.

In this shot I had a cat as well and while they're a little easier to work with that the rats they're still not the best as staying still. Anyway here's a couple of the best. I'm going to create a new post on http://www.joedeclara.com/ with some rat photographs but I don't think these are good enough and now the sun is gone behind a bunch of giant nimbus clouds so I'll make another attempt in the future. That doesn't mean I can't post them on here of course.

Note Tatoo licking his chops, I just wish it was in better focus.

Yes this is the sort of crap I do during the day these days while everyone else is working.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I think the picture is great! The cat is licking his chops, the rats are all around the cheese, and the glass of wine is there and they didn't knock it over. And the salt and pepper shakers are there to season the rats when the cat gets them! In the smaller version of the picture it is not blurry at all.