Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mon Troisieme Cours de Français Est Fini


There's no exam this time, just a bunch of tests. I actually have one final class but I've written all my tests and I have a camera class that night so I'm about as officially done as I can get. I need 60s to get my certificate and for the first two classes that was a given. Those profs spoke in English, I could understand the grammar rules. This class has not be so accommodating. I did receive an 83% on my oral presentation but my oral comprehension test mark was only 56%. I was actually hoping I didn't fail that test so the 56% was actually decent. Anyway I'm sure to get 60% after calculating what marks I do know and if the prof goes easy on my lack of participation I may still get into the 70s range.

It's nice to have one less responsibility, especially one that's this important. Somehow being obligated to play softball isn't as stressful as going to class, and the language lab and doing homework, studying for tests, etc... Now all I have to do is work on getting a job lol.

My portfolio is beginning to grow, the Distributel flyers were made and with little to do this summer except some conversation french class and work on working for money I should be able to grow it further. I see a lot of patio pictures in my future. I guess there's still that camera class and I want to take some editing software lessons although I'm still not sure which ones to take. Hopefully I'll find that out as I start calling post-production houses for jobs. I guess the summer will still be pretty busy.

Still it will not be without some fun. We're going to try and head back out to BC this year and we're going to hit New York City. I've not been to NYC before so it should be fun. There are also quite a places in Quebec to go camping, Kate has not been camping before and I've not been in something like 15 years so I really look forward to that.

On a more disconcerting note I've noticed the new cat Tatoo keeping too close of an eye on my rats. I've even seen just a wisp of that little ass shake they do before they're about to pounce on something. The rats are pretty big and they live up high but Tatoo can still jump the gap. I'm fairly certain the rats can take care of themselves. Should Tatoo decide to jump to the rat ledge here's what I suspect will happen.
1) The rats will immediately notice the cat
2) The rats will immediately assumed the cat is bringing them food
3) The rats will run to Tatoo as quick as their tiny little legs will carry them and start sniffing him looking for the food he has surely brought for them.
4) Tatoo will suddenly have two rats milling about his legs and he'll quickly leave the area
5) The rats will be disappointed that Tatoo left without dropping of his food parcel.

So I'm not to worried. The related picture insists on staying at the top of the page. Now you know why it's there anyway.

I haven't chosen a domain name for it yet but stay turned for my new web page, the Joe DeClara photography webpage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH YAY CAMPING!!!! I heart camping! :) I can't believe Kate hasn't been before! You guys will have a great time :)

Good luck with the grade, fingers crossed the prof goes easy on your part. mark :)

I eagerly await your photography page!