Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sore Legs

Went for a short run this morning, very short but getting out of bed I think was half the victory. Next time we'll run 5k, maybe. I did notice that things are getting sore, my legs, my back, good news I guess although I would very much like to be back in bed. Isn't exercise supposed to give you more energy? I think it's sucking me dry. I think the stairs up to my office grew since I was last here, I counted two extra steps today.

My legs aren't the only thing that's sore today, actually I guess they are the only sore thing today but not just from muscle ache. My bike seat was recently broken, though no fault of my own, or Kate's. The tip actually broke off. The material is keeping it all together but there's this broken sharp piece of plastic an inch from the tip. I'm not in a rush to go buy a new seat so I've just been riding on it. Last night on my way to old Montreal so see a friend of a friend sing, who was quite good, I pinched the skin of my groin on the seat somehow. I had leaned one way and my skin was under the sharp piece of plastic and as I leaned the other way all my weight came pushing down on this chunk of skin. I almost bailed but I managed to lean back again and free the skin. I did the same thing to a lesser degree 2 min later. So now I have this bloody looking spot in my groin. It didn't bleed but the blood vessels were crushed or something so it looks pretty narly. The run today stung a fair amount and now I'm worried about other things getting caught under my seat. A small piece of skin is one thing but I think if one of my balls had been pinched I not only would have bailed I would have tossed my bike into the river, the seat at least. For now, as long as I remember to not lean left I should be fine.


The real testing begins today, first the run, then work, then my first class of the summer. I'm pretty excited, I remember liking school although it could be one of those things you have fond memories of but wouldn't want to go back to, like Diet Pepsi in the 80s. Flock of Seagulls!

No comments: