Saturday, May 1, 2010

Round 2 Playoff Predictions

First a quick update on Tatoo the cat. I've been in Kingston building a greenhouse all week so I didn't have a chance to call the Animal Rescue people but it turns out I didn't have to. They called me and said they had a prospective taker for Tatoo. They're coming on Tuesday, I will grill them with questions and post the outcome.

So the first round was about as crazy as it gets and I went 4-4, better than most professionals I would guess, respectable at least although I was sure that I was going to do better. The three top seeds won in the east including the Habs historic come from behind win against the Washington Capitals. No 8th seed team playing the top seed of the conference has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit. The Boston upset was less surprising although I am a bit surprised at how many goals they scored. I was very surprised to see Jersey fall but mostly because it was in 5 games. The other one I lost was the Detroit/Phoenix series and it was close, until game 7 anyway.

The second round may be just as surprising but I doubt it. I'll start in the east again.

Pittsburgh (4) vs Montréal (8)
Montréal beating Washington was pretty impressive but now they're playing a team just as good with boatloads of playoff experience. I'm afraid I'll have to say Pittsburgh in 6.

Boston (6) vs Philadelphia (7)
I flipped a coin for this one since I'm 50/50 anyway, it turned up Philadelphia in 6.

Onto the West.

San Jose (1) vs Detroit (5)
This is a pretty interesting match up. We have the most successful playoff franchise in recent history against one of the biggest playoff flops. I'm going to so against history however and call San Jose in 6.

Chicago (2) vs Vancouver (3)
This series will be fun. There's bad blood between two very good hockey teams. I can't wait and I think it could go either way so I'm going to pick the team I'm cheering for in this series. Chicago in 7.

They're late they're quick but I've got breakfast waiting so that's it for now.

Updates on greenhouse building coming soon.

No comments: