Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Computer, Camera, Cell.

My new desktop is pretty sleek. For those who know and/or care it's an Intel Core i7 2.8Ghz with 4GB orf RAM and Windows 7 x64. Of course now I have the problem of having a machine that's too good, too fast. It seems that all the editing software I download isn't compatible with the x64 version of Windows 7. The software I need only runs on x32 which as you may expect is a slower version. The software does exist for x64, it's the crack that doesn't and after spending a boatload on this PC and a new Canon camera I'm loathe to put another 2 grand down on software. If I was making money using the software then sure I would pay but since it will be who knows how long till I make any money again I can't spend the money. The hunt is on for software I can use on this machine.

The camera is working out well, I brought it to Quebec and got some pretty good shots. I also got a couple of videos but nothing too exciting. And speaking of electronic devices I got a data plan from Rogers so I'm back online with my Blackberry and the best part is there was no contract! It was a shock to me too but I guess with some of these new little players coming onto the scene Rogers is becoming softer in some of their own stances. It works for me, my old contact expires in a few months even though it's actually someoneelse's contract. I won't go into those contract details on this blog since some people take great offense to what I write on my blog, sad but true. So when this other person's contract expires this summer I'll be free and I'll have a kick ass data plan. Thanks Rogers!

I do have an idea, and half a script, for my first video project. I'm not going to mention what it is in case I change my mind half way through, or find it's too difficult to pull off but I do intend to get a bunch of the work done on it this weekend. It's a pretty simple idea so it shouldn't be too difficult to pull off.

I had my first French test for this semester Monday, the next one is next Monday. The one I took was much simpler than I expected, I think the next one is going to be quite difficult. The first was reading comprehension, not too difficult, the next is grammar, much harder.

That's about all the crap I have to share for today, I've got to go to class and give an oral presentation that's worth zero marks, won't that be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! You have to post your snaps somewhere :)

DeClara said...

I will, I'll post up the video's I make too. I wanted to put one up on this post yesterday but google failed me.