Thursday, April 30, 2009

First Swim

Wednesday is long swim (40 min) day in the training and it was my first day. Kate had gone for a short run Tuesday morning while I slept (yessss) so she's a day ahead of me. 40 min of swimming, it doesn't really sound like too much but we went during the time the pool had lanes. 40 min of fun swim isn't very difficult, 40 min of front crawl back and forth in a lane is impossible. I think the longest a human has ever been able to swim without food and 8 hours sleep is 17 min so the 15 min Kate and I did was pretty good. I'm very glad the pool is so close to us, 2 blocks, otherwise I would have passed out on my bike. I'm not sore today somehow, sometimes it takes a day for your muscles to realize how angry they are at you, they're not the sharpest tools in the shed.


There are medium lanes and slow lanes. I was in the medium speed lanes as often as I could be and I would swim with Kate in the slow lanes to rest. For some reason these two jerks decide they're only capable of swimming slowly then they're on my ass the whole time. What kind of logic is that? Should I only play basketball against midgets because I'm sure to be the best player? I think these two were mental midgets.

To commemorate our first swim I downloaded the South Park episode 'Towlie', pictured above. Towlie is by far one of my favorite characters and I am in complete agreement with his assertion that we should never 'forget to bring a towel'. As we learned in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy towels have a great many uses. Especially one that gets stoned and plays 'Funky Town' on a digital key pad. Won't you take me to, Funky Town.



1 comment:

Some Girl said...

love this blog! you are hilarious. totally will keep coming back for more :)oh wait, you're totally next to me. i'll have more now.