Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wow, a new post.

I knew it had been a long time since I had written a blog post here, but July 18th? It seems as though someone must have hacked in a changed the date for some sinister and bizarre reason. It's not that I haven't been writing, I've been doing much of that, although not as much as I should be. Isn't that always the case? It's like exercise that way, or not eating delicious non-healthy foods. So where to begin?

The writing I have been doing is for school and work. School has demanded more reading than writing so far, but the creative writing class has given me a chance to write a fair amount. I think some of what I've written is rather brilliant, but some could be bettered by a cat terd with a pencil stapled to it. In reality, my work is somewhere in between those two, which is where it belongs, for now. The important part is that I'm learning. And next semester we'll be doing a lot more workshopping so I expect that will help my writing enormously.

Work has been consistent, although not as plentiful as I would like, but it's building up. And in case you want to see where I've been spending my blogging time, you can read the Telax blog here.

We lost one of our cats a couple weeks ago. Jedi's owner came to take her back to Toronto, and Jedi has adjusted surprisingly well. I think she may have been thankful to get away from the other cats, and who could blame her?

Well my crap pad is telling me that I've got a whole list of things to do before Kate and I head out to see Contagion and settle in at Station Des Sports for the Leafs/Habs game tonight so I suppose I should wrap it up here. Hopefully I'll be able to post more frequently over the next couple months, but I make no promises. I've got a lot of crap to do.

No comments: