Monday, January 31, 2011

Been awhile I know

I know it's been a while since I've posted, and I intend to post more often once a month going forward, but like everyone, December is a busy month, and January wasn't much slower.

Christmas was good. We had visitors and we went to Toronto for a few days (mainly for New Year's eve and a hockey game, 2-1 Boston, figures). Upon my return I was greeted with a job at the Concordia bookstore for a couple weeks, that was great and one of the other employees even helped me by asking a prof to let me take a grammar test. I had missed the final day for the test to determine if I could take English 214. My only option was to wait till next term or take 212, but I did not believe that 212 would be very useful for me. So my friend at the bookstore pulled a string and I was allowed to take the placement test. I of course passed that and am currently taking 214, it's hard, but I'm oddly enjoying it. Adverbials, direct and indirect objects, noun phrases and clauses, this week we start on punctuation. I'm actually looking forward to learning all about commas and semi-colon. Hopefully we cover hyphens too. It's pretty weird to be excited about a grammar class I know, but I need an A so I'm glad I'm into it.

I'm also talking Camera II. So far that's been a pretty good class too.

The flag football team is doing well this season. We are 4-0 and one of only two undefeated teams out of 32. We have this weekend off because of the Super Bowl, but we should have little difficulty going 5-0 before four tough games in a row. The playoffs are almost assured which is exciting as we missed the playoffs last season.

I should be watching the Super Bowl on an American feed for the first time in my life, and I'm pretty excited about that.

So yes, a boring update to say the least, but at least it's something. I do intend to spend more time writing this month so hopefully I'll have something interesting to talk about, like how to avoid comma splices.

1 comment:

Mum said...

You must be your Mother's son for sure. I really liked taking grammar and wish I had taken the last year. It will be very helpful with your writing.