Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Still Sore Lots More

I guess it's a sign of getting older or something, my legs and entire torso have been achy all week. It seems to get worse everyday! Must be all the weeding at the farm, I don't know.

I had an interesting wait at the bus station. Usually the bus is waiting for me but today I had about a 10 minute wait. Lucky for me another soon to be bus passenger had his iPod on and was serenading the rest of the crowd with his preferred brand of music: gangsta rap. He either wasn't an adept enough rapper to sing all the lyrics or maybe he just didn't know them. He knew all the parts with swear words though, it was these parts of the various songs he had lined up on his iPod that he chose to belt out. My favorite part of the concert was when he repeated the word 'bitches' about 5 or 6 times before closing the song with a 'yeah'. I think many of us would be embarrassed to sing out loud in front of strangers, no matter what the song (other than the nation anthem perhaps). This guy not only sang the swear words of gangsta rap without a care in the world, he even danced a bit. That stiff arm spread finger thing and the slight bounce in the knees dance, you know the one. And on top of that he's just saying the word 'bitches' over and over? I expected the women in the station to slowly start to crowd around the guy before maybe kicking him in the shin or worse. Instead we all kind laughed at him.

I expect the vision you have of the Bus Station Rapper is not quite right. He was tall, about 6 feet, maybe a bit more. He was overweight, enough to notice but not enough to get on Jerry Springer. And he was Chinese. Imagine a fat faced tall Chinese dude with half a moustache dancing and singing gangsta rap in the bus station. Surely a great way to start the day. It's not the first time I've seen this guy. I saw him once before with his iPod waiting for the bus. This first time I saw him his concert was interrupted before I could hear much. In the midst of his first song the Bus Station Rapper noticed the guy beside him also had an iPod. Joy of joys must have been the first thing that popped into the BSR's mind for he exclaimed, "We're iPod brothers!". The second iPod brother of course chose to ignore the BSR who made a couple further comments about how pleased he was they both had iPods before taking the hint. The BSR got on my bus both times I saw him but he was also quiet on the bus, I guess the intimate venue is a bit too much for him. Next time maybe I'll try to get some film of him on my Blackberry, hopefully he doesn't have a Blackberry himself or I might be the next technological device brother in his life.

Another reason I'm sore I suppose is we played softball Monday night. I stunk, mainly because I was sore. I went 2 for 4 but both my hits were weak, a nubber that went 4 feet and a pop up to shallow left centre that manged to drop in. I also hit into an RBI fielders choice (Kate being the preferred out on that play, something she voiced her displeasure about to me). So I ended up with 2 hits, 2 RBI's and I reached base 3 out of 4 times. We won 13-3. I also had only one opportunity to make a catch in left field, which I made. I did make a decent dig on first, but the throw from second wasn't actually in the dirt, just low. It was the end of a double play though, I'm not sure how many double plays I've been a part of, may have been the first, you don't see them in softball too often.

I had my second test yesterday, I suspect I did not reach the 90% area but I guess that will depend on just how the marking gets done. I had to write a whole paragraph, if I lose a mark for each mistake I may not get much on it. Hopefully if I put the odd au in where a du should be she'll go easy on me. My oral exam is next Tuesday.

The neighbours moved out last week and decided to leave a garbage truck full of junk laying up beside my place. They even put their crap on some of the plants I planted. The good news is that I am often outside in the evening, BBQing or just being in the outdoor air. Various real estate agents will come by with prospective buyers. Now I've got the power. I'm still debating about whether or not I play the mentally challenged neighbour, where I make loud noises and swear a lot maybe, or if I should be the jerk. The back yard beside me is completely closed in, no alley access. They have to come through my backyard to get out. I've heard the agents telling people they can go out through my backyard. In real life I'm 50/50 on that, but as the jerk I would be 100% against it. We do have a lock for the door but I don't want to be a jerk to the person who actually moves in, I want to prevent people from moving in thus being a jerk to the owner that dumped all his garbage all over the side of my house and my plants. If the junk is not gone by Friday I'm going to call the real estate agent and strongly suggest they have their client remove the garbage. If they are unconvinced I may refer them to this blog entry, or perhaps I'll suggest that I might want to come out of graffiti retirement. There is a fresh canvas that is the front door of the newly unoccupied residence. Hmmm I wonder what I could write, perhaps 'Welcome, to this wonderful abode.'? Or maybe "I killed the last person who lived here, I'll kill you too!" I love this town but some of the people that live in it are amongst the least considerate people ever.

Till next time.

No comments: